Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OHara's Book Reviews

Books just don't get enough attention these days.

I mean, if a movie star goes to get a burger, everybody knows. A new show premieres and everyone's sharing their opinions. Movie and TV show review sites are a dime a dozen. But novels and books kind of get short shrift. Aside from a few giants like Stephen King and J.K. Rowling, books and their authors are sort of ignored by pop culture at large.

Don't get me wrong; I love movies and TV, and I love reading reviews and opinions about them. But books are just-- better. As a whole, literature is deeper, stranger, more varied, more moving, funnier, more exciting and more fun than movies or TV shows.

I'm a big reader. I read everything I can get my hands on. Popular fiction, classic fiction, literary fiction. I'm not as big on non-fiction, but I read a few books of it a year. I like Shakespeare and Dickens, but I also like Twilight and The Shining. So I think I have a good range of interests, which should keep things varied (spice of life and all that, you know?).

As I read, I'm going to post reviews on this blog. Maybe somebody will read it. Maybe nobody will. I just want to have fun and share my opinions.

So without further ado, let's move on to our first book. . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment